ABOUT Stacy E. King
PT, DPT, OCS, CIMT, CSCS.
Aspire PT & Wellness is owned and operated by Dr. King, who has 20+ years of physical therapy experience. Dr. Stacy King incorporates her experience and knowledge to develop a practice that is focused on the specific needs of each patient.
Advantages of working with Aspire PT & Wellness
Dr. King takes the time to listen to her patients, probing for information in the process. Armed with that information, she performs a thorough evaluation. This whole-body approach reveals the areas of dysfunction and enables Dr. King to get to the root of your pain.
Nutritional habits too
During treatment, Dr. King will also take a dive into your nutritional habits to determine what, if any, relationship your diet plays in your pain. Stacy understands that with high quality rehabilitation, nutrition counseling, and state of the art prevention, individuals can lead the pain free, healthy and active lifestyles they desire.
- Dr. King received her BS in Kinesiology from the University of Maryland in 1993.
- Prior to graduate school, she became a personal trainer focusing on post rehabilitation and prehabilitation training.
- Graduate school: she received an MS in Physical Therapy at Marymount University.
- In 2012, Dr. King went on to obtain her Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) from the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Dr. King received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the University of Montana.
- A former Terrapin Scholarship gymnast
- Pilates instructor for Cirque du Soleil’s Totem (2012), Amaluna (2014), Kurious (2016) and Luzia (2018), Washington, DC.
- American Physical Therapy Association designation as an Advanced Clinician in Orthopedic Physical Therapy.
- Nationally recognized expert in injury prevention in adolescent athletes and served on a panel of experts in the areas of youth injury and injury prevention.
- Dr. King lectures and trains athletes, parents and coaches on the role of proper nutrition with regards to fueling for sports performance and optimizing recovery.
ABOUT Stacy E. King
- Health advisor to MSYSA – Maryland State Youth Soccer Association
- Presented “Overuse Injuries in Soccer: Prevention, Identification and Recovery” at the NSCAA Annual Convention, Baltimore, MD, January 2016 (NSCAA = National Soccer Coaches Association of America)
- Certified Integrated Manual Therapist (CIMT) from Great Lakes Seminars
- KinetaCore® certified Functional Dry Needling® Practitioner
- Sportsmetrics™ Certified Trainer for ACL prevention in female athletes
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Pilates certified for rehabilitation through Polestar Pilates
Dr. King’s clinical focus it to help all individuals receive the most advanced clinical care possible with a special interest in adolescent athletes and injury prevention in the Washington, DC area.